EVS-BMS is the updated version of the SimpBMS v2.4
Optional part - EVS-CAT CAN Adapter Tool CLICK HERE
Optional part - EVS Torque Pro / ELM327 Adapter & OBD2 Connector CLICK HERE
EVS-BMS are fully compatible, including balancing, with the following OEM batteries. Details on limitations due to OEM firmware limits will be published in the user manual.
- VW E-Golf
- VW GTE
- VW ID3 and ID4 (MEB) 12S and 8S modules
- BMW Hybrid - Gen 1 (9 kWh) and Gen 2 (12 kWh)
- BMW I3
- Mitsubishi Outlander - LEV40 & LEV46 modules
- Chevy Volt - Gen 1
- Tesla Model S/X
NOTE: Tesla Plaid & Tesla Model 3 modules not supported.
EVS products come in a sealed IP67 automotive enclosure with an associated locking connector.
- Controlling 12 V contactors, economised or un-economised
- Two configurable CAN busses
OBD2 interface - compatibility with apps including Torque Pro
- Configuration over CAN bus using dedicated adapter and software
- Safety/HVIL loop monitoring
- Temperature controlled output
The EVS products are designed to operate in a 12 V automotive environment.
- All inputs have reverse voltage and overvoltage protection
- 12 V outputs are current limited to 1.5A continuous, 10 A inrush
- Low side outputs have a flyback diode incorporated to allow PWM control of a coil
- 5 V supply is limited to 500 mA
EVS-BMS Live Data - OBD2
All data generated by the EVS products are available via CAN bus utilising the OBD2 protocol. All PID information will be shared in product manuals.
Including Connector and Pins
The EVS product range is developed by Engovis Limited (previously SimpEco Engineering Ltd) and represents an evolution of the SimpBMS.
– Knowledge of EV batteries, automotive wiring and computers are needed
– Recommended additional purchase: EVS-CAT (CAN Adapter Tool) a setup interface needed for CAN parameter setup
– This is not a plug and play system and the purchaser of this product is responsible for installing the system
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PLUG AND PLAY SYSTEM, USER CONFIGURATION AND WIRING REQUIRED. Some good electrical knowledge is needed to use and install this product.
Please make sure you download the manual BEFORE purchase and understand what is involved in using this product.
Optional EVS-BMS Items
EVS-CAT CAN Adapter Tool (recommended) - CLICK HERE
EVS Torque Pro / ELM327 Adapter & OBD2 Connector - CLICK HERE